What is a serviced apartment?
A serviced apartment is similar to a hotel in many ways except that you have more space and freedom to do as you please as well as more privacy. Staying in a serviced apartment is much more akin to living like a local with added little luxuries including toiletries, fresh linen and room cleaning.
Propertri serviced apartments are fully furnished with a full range of amenities that you would expect at home combined with many of the services that you would expect from a hotel.
Our serviced accommodation is perfect for business trips, family holidays or overnight stays.
Whether you are visiting Wales for a short stay or require comfortable long term accommodation we have a range of apartments to suit your needs from one person studio apartments to large houses that can accommodate 12 guests.
Why is staying in a serviced apartment in Newport better than a hotel?
Newport serviced apartments are much more like a home from home with much more space to enjoy. After a busy day, you can relax on a comfortable sofa in a spacious living area with flat TV and enjoy streaming TV shows or watch movies on Netflix, catch up with friends on social media or get some work done at a desk using free WiFi access.
Fully fitted kitchen and amenities
With a fully fitted kitchen and dining area, it means that you aren’t tied to the eating out in local restaurants (although we recommend that you do occasionally). Instead, you can enjoy shopping in the local shops and prepare your own food or enjoy a takeaway by ordering via Deliveroo or Uber Eats. All of which means you’ll save money on eating out but since our apartments have dishwashers fitted you also avoid doing the washing up.
Excellent value for money
Serviced apartments tend to be much better value for money than a hotel. We have accommodation to suit every budget, starting at just £30 per person a night. If you are booking accommodation for a large group or an extended stay, speak to our friendly local team about rates.
Live like a local
Many of our apartments are located in residential neighbourhoods with all of the convenience of being a local including free parking, easy access to local transport and shops.
Our apartments have outdoor space to enjoy with gardens or back yards or in the case of our city apartments, balconies with stunning views of the river.
Why do most people stay at your serviced accommodation?
People come to Newport for many different reasons, whether it’s to visit a relative who lives close by, parents visiting their kids at University, temporary accommodation while on a business trip or attending sporting event – rugby, football and cycling are all popular. Here are some of the places within easy walking distance or taxi ride from of our apartments.
- Saint Woolos Hospital – a community & mental health hospital in the Stow Hill area of Newport
- Newport City Council – the city council is responsible for all areas of local government and services including housing, leisure, education, social services, planning and the highways. It employs over 6000 people and has a budget of £300 million. It is located in the Civic Centre.
- Crown Court Witness Service – part of the Wales Circuit of Her Majesty’s Courts Service. It can be found at the front of the Civic Centre Complex
- Belle Vue Park – this Victorian public park was opened in 1894. The pavilion, conservatories, terracing, gates, gate piers, lodges and Rustic Tea house have Grade II listed status. The pavilion and conservatories are licensed for weddings and civil partnerships
- Cathedral Church of St Woolos – the original site of Newport Cathedral on Stow Hill has been a place of worship since the 6th century. The name “Woolos” is an English corruption of Gwynllyw, the Welsh saint who first built Gwynllyw’s church on the site.
- Royal Gwent Hospital – the Royal Gwent provides a range of healthcare services to the city of Newport and the surrounding area
- Newport Magistrates Court – the magistrates court deals with summary offences such as motoring offences, criminal damage & assault as well as some more serious offences
- Newport HM Passport Office – the only passport office in Wales
- Geraint Thomas National Velodrome of Wales
- The University of the South of Wales
- Newport City FC
- Dragons Rugby